Once December starts, everyone’s minds are focused on the holiday season. Grapevine, Texas, known as the Christmas Capital of Texas, offers a variety of events for the whole family. Grapevine offers over 1,400 holiday themed events during this time of year. Grapevine shines with millions of lights and decorations that are sure to put you in the holiday spirit. These Christmas events perfectly capture the spirit of Christmas in Grapevine. Make plans now to attend these exciting Christmas events and activities!
1. Experience Gaylord Texan Resort’s Lone Star Christmas Featuring ICE! and Santa’s Wild Workshop Snowtubing -For the 11th straight year, Gaylord Texan Resort’s famed Annual Lone Star Christmas Event, runs through January 3, 2015. This year, the acclaimed ICE! exhibit will feature everyone’s favorite snowman, Frosty, and his friends. Also new this year is a Madagascar-themed brunch and a holiday meet-and-greet with famous DreamWorks characters. Other Lone Star Christmas favorites will return, including a snow-tubing adventure through Santa’s workshop. Cookies & Milk with Mrs. Claus and gingerbread cookie decorating with Gingy, the most famous of all gingerbread men!
2. Climb Aboard the North Pole Express® – Imagine the joy on the faces of your children and grandchildren as they experience the magic of Grapevine’s North Pole Express! Guests begin their journey as they board the beautifully decorated Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s Victorian rail coaches. As the train draws closer to the North Pole, Mrs. Claus makes a special appearance to give each child a “We Believe” silver Santa bell. Guests then arrive at the North Pole and walk along a snowy Christmas Tree trail, where, as they wait for an appearance by Santa, guests are entertained with songs and magical Christmas moments.
3. Enjoy a Howlin’ Holiday at Snowland at the Great Wolf Lodge – Bring the entire family to enjoy the magic of the season with a visit to the North Woods in Grapevine at the Great Wolf Lodge! During Snowland, guests at this family-friendly resort will experience an 84-degree indoor waterpark along with special visits from Santa, a life-size Gingerbread House, Santa’s Letter-writing Depot, daily Polar Wolf Walk, and much more. And don’t forget indoor snowfall – right in the lobby!
4. Sweet Treats for An Afternoon Delight – Sip some fun at Dr. Sue’s Chocolate this Christmas season. At 2 p.m. daily, guests can sample three varieties of premium, hand-crafted hot chocolates complimented by a delicious cookie.
5. Shop ‘Til We Drop – Get inspired for your gift giving this year at Grapevine’s one-of-a-kind shops and wineries, large national retail chains and more. With shopping options for every taste and budget, you’ll be sure to find a little something for yourself too. On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer, on Vixen to Historic Downtown Grapevine’s more than 80 locally-owned shops, boutiques, jewelry stores, winery tasting rooms, home décor and collectibles and more! Or visit the wineries along Grapevine’s Urban Wine Trail for a unique and special gift.
6. Something magical comes over LEGOLAND® Discovery Center with Holiday Bricktacular and the Octonauts return to SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium – Don’t miss your chance to search for holiday treasures at LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s Miniland featuring holiday-themed scavenger hunts until December 24. Can you build well enough to impress the Master Model Builder? Take the Festive Build Creative Challenge Saturday, December 6, 13 and 20 and see just how creative you can be. Participate in the Winter Wonderland Big Build, held the first three weekends of December and stop by for milk and cookies Sunday, December 7, 14 and 21 (limited to the first 100 guests in the attraction).
7. Hit a High Note at the Palace Theatre – Hit a high note with live entertainment and classic Christmas movies in Grapevine! With the amazing backdrop of Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre, all ages will love sharing in all the seasonal fun.
• The Texas Tenors – Don’t miss your chance to see one of the most popular events in the Christmas Capital of Texas! The Texas Tenors are back for the fourth year in a row and tickets are selling fast! The Texas Tenors perform classic Christmas music to opera to country favorites, all with a Texas twist.
• Main Street LIVE – Formerly known as The Grapevine Opry Show, Main Street Live’s high-energy Christmas show will set the perfect tone for the Christmas season. These performances feature some of your favorite Christmas songs celebrating all the things we love about the holidays.
• A Merry Little Christmas Show with Ricki Derek – Benefitting Operation Kindness, Crooner Ricki Derek’s one-of-a-kind show is a fun-filled musical extravaganza that combines the vibe of the Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra television specials with the energy and excitement of today.
• Classic Christmas Movies – What says Christmas more than a classic Christmas movie shown in a restored 1940s era theater? Grapevine’s Palace Theatre features a full lineup of classic Christmas films this season including: A Christmas Story, and A Charlie Brown Christmas/How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
• The Nutcracker presented by Early Spring Arts Dance Conservatory – Join Clara in her battle with the rat queen and her journey through the Land of Sweets in the beloved Christmas classic.
8. Cheer for the Largest Lighted Christmas Parade in North Texas – Celebrate Christmas at Grapevine’s Parade of Lights along Historic Downtown Grapevine’s Main Street on December 4 at 7 p.m. See more than 100 lighted floats and marching bands in this annual tradition. Come early to claim your spot along Main Street. And for water parade fun, see the beautiful Twinkle Light Boat Parade with watercrafts decorated in all of the finest sparkling lights to celebrate the season. This floating festival begins at Twin Coves Marina and picks up entries at each marina including Scott’s Landing and Silver Lake. The parade is visible from the shores of Lake Grapevine and the Glass Cactus Nightclub at Gaylord Texan Resort- December 6.
9. Sip Aboard the Christmas Wine Trains – Hop aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s Christmas Wine Trains. This favorite seasonal event is a festive Christmas event for grown-ups. Each train features a different Grapevine urban winery. Hors d’ouevres will also be served. Additional wine will be available for purchase.
10. It’s a Holiday Whodunnit in Grapevine – It’s time for Dismay in a Manger at the Texas Star Dinner Theater. Oh no, there is dismay in a manger at the annual Christmas Pageant rehearsal. Mayor Rufus Yates has written a horrible holiday havoc. Help Marshal Jim Courtright sort through his list of who’s been naughty or nice. Fridays and Saturdays, December 1 – December 27.
11. Check Out the Fun at Christmas on Main- Guests of all ages will enjoy Christmas on Main! With the beautiful backdrop of the Grapevine’s historic buildings dressed up with ribbons, bows and wreaths and set aglow with twinkling lights, guest will experience the glass workshop at Vetro Glassblowing Studio, enjoy tractor-drawn wagon rides ($1 per person, per ride) and more. December 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19 20 and 21. Fridays, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturdays, Noon – 5 p.m. and Sundays, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.